Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How can I stop my step daughter from moving out and keep her away from her mother?

People are going to think that this is a troll and I am not trolling so please here me out we have another fight two days ago and my step daughter is trying to move out and I do not want that to happen. It all started when my step daughter was talking to her mom when she was 13 I did not approve of this and I tried to keep her away from her mother and we sent her to military school and. My husband and I specifically told her she wasn’t aloud to see or contact her mom anymore maybe she thought that I was joking we found out that from her grandmother that she was writing emails to her we sent her to another military school far into another city to make sure that my step daughter and her mom don’t have any contact she came home when she was 16 and she seemed grateful that we did that for her and everything seemed going well until then my step daughter told me that her mom was pregnant and she was supporting her I wanted to kill her so to prevent her from contacting her mom we moved to Florida to stop her from seeing her mother completely I only allowed my step daughter to go to school and her job I never wanted her to do anything to with her moms baby so we forced her to stop contacting her completely  so 10 years later a lot of resentment has been here for this decade I checked her moms Facebook and confronted my step daughter about it and she yelled at me saying that she is going to move in with her mother whether I like it or not and she hates me then she took whatever

Continue: She had and left I can’t believe she is doing this to her family this is ridiculous I did everything I could do to stop her from ruining her damn life

What can I do to get through to her?

I am not going to let her move in with that little ***** 

Her mom is a life ruiner her mom ruined her life and I cannot stand that little slut 

Y@ But I am her stepmother and she needs to listen to me 

My step daughter and I had another fight this afternoon and she yelled at me saying that she will move in with her mom this Christmas and she will cut ties with me and she hates me and she will ask her mom to file a restraining order against me 

Mrwakeup like I typed I am still her stepmother and she has to listen to me and I sent my step daughter to her room and I grounded her for two weeks for talking to her mom on the phone 

My step daughter changed her mind we had another fight and she told me she will move in with her mom this spring break wether she likes it or not and she hates me

My step daughter changed her mind again she told me that she will move in with her mom this weekend and that she hates me we had another fight after dinner and my husband allowed her to move in with her mom and she already brought a plane ticket and she left 

Favorite Answer

You have no right to tell her to not see her biological mother. Even a real mother doesn’t have right to stop their adult child from meeting anyone they want as long as it means no harm. If you don’t like her mother it’s your problem. You’re violating her boundaries by forcing her to not meet her mother and even if you put conditions on her for it it’s still wrong. Know your place.

It is showing that you and your husband are socially and psychologically abusive to your stepdaughter. You’re abusing your parent rights on her. God will punish you one day. To hell with your ego.

What an asshole of a step parent YOU are. You have no legal right to prevent your step child from seeing her birth mother. I'm amazed the girl hasn't reported what you are trying to do to the cops, or to child welfare. Because it's tantamount to kidnapping. I'm glad she had the sense to get the HELL OUT from under your roof, because you don't need to be around her and she doesn't need to be around  YOU. I'm not surprised that the girl hates you. If she didn't, I'd be worried that something was wrong with her. I'm sure that deep down, she's wondering why her dad married such an asshole and then expected her to want to live with you as though nothing else had happened.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You deserve to be by yourself.

• audrey

She's an adult and you've ruined her life enough. Let her go

There's nothing.  She's an adult now.  at least 23 to 26?  

You set her up for the rebellion by not allowing her to visit her REAL mom. You are the STEP parent/mother.  You don't share blood with her.  You soiled the relationship you had with her by disallowing, disapproving and being so closed minded to her needs and wants that you have distanced her and pushed her into the arms of her real mother.  Now you want to control her and you can't.  She makes her own money.  She is an adult.  

Only way to get through to her now, is for her to see what is wrong with her mother.  

And there may be nothing wrong with her except potentially you may have been jealous of her and wanted to control the daughter yourself.

Now certainly we only have your side of the story and not the daughter or real mother's side.  

So that being said, there's not much you can do at this point other than let her be and give her some space and time.  And hope she will come back.  If not, then it is what it is.  You can still show and give support to her and just be there for her if she needs help.  Otherwise that is it.

• MrWakeup
      4 weeks agoReport

Also if she's an adult like you said.  Then NO, she does not have to listen to you.  Also if the father doesn't help promote such behavior from her to respect you and you are as controlling as you sound, then maybe you need to check yourself.

Sounds like your step daughter is sanest one in the family. (You say that you wanted to kill her to prevent her from seeing her mom)(!) You seem to have your mind set.  What does her father say.?   Why did he have sole custody ?  Why will seeing her mother and her baby sister ruin your step daughter's life.?

Wish her luck and tell her that she is always welcome to return.

Goodbye

• 1 month agoReport

I AM NOT GOING TO LET MY STEP DAUGHTER MOVE IN WITH THAT LITTLE ***** 

I can't decide what's worse -  your version of parenting OR your use of the English language.  "Aloud?"  Do you mean allowed?

I suspect you aren't a troll.  Most trolls are able to explain themselves in English.

• y

You are trolling, or you have some sort of brain damage. Either way "so 10 years later" would indicate that your step daughter is an adult, back off.

Sounds like you suck at parenting.