promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How much would it cost to build a gaming pc that can have mods and play games without lag?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Pyrus
    Lv 6
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Lag is an internet issue, not a PC issue. Now, if you're talking about stuttering of FPS, then yes, that's a PC issue. Now, that being said, it's a question of what game you want to play. If you want a veritable BEAST of a gaming PC, then I recommend an MSI Infinite X Plus Desktop Computer with RTX 2080 Ti, I9-9900K and liquid cooling, not to mention a 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz RAM, a 512 GB NVMe SSD and 2TB HDD storage.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1470429-REG...

This WILL set you back a whopping 3000$ though. 

Another great option is the CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme. The RAM can be upgraded to 32 GB DDR4 if you want, since this one is 16 GB, but still a great choice.

It will set you back around 2450$

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1490982-REG...

All of these are top of the line gaming laptops. You can go as far as you like, but it's really not worth it after a certain limit. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Too bad these answer are WRONG. A bad internet connection is far from the only thing that creates a lag. You'll have a lag when a piece of hardware like the CPU bottlenecks another piece of hardware like the GPU.

Mods tax the processor. You'll want an 8 core CPU like a Ryzen 7 2700x for the mods. If you want higher FPS capability to drive a 144hz monitor then look at the Ryzen 7 3700x or the Core i9-9900k. 

Pick the GPU based off what settings and screen resolution you want.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

It's not just the PC, you know. It's the internet speed. The US lags behind many other countries in providing access to high-speed internet. 

• Ronit3 months agoReport

well i live in the uk and our internet speed is quite good

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.