Do you think money can be your passion? Is this smart?

I'm now 24 years old and I realize that I have no real passion. I love working, I love family, children,..I'm talented in many areas like instruments, cooking, impressive DIY projects, landscaping, hair, nails, etc...even know I am quite creative and good at those things,.. I'm not necessarily passionate about that. My overall passion is making money,..managing my money, and pretty much anything lucrative.

With all of those things listed above,...I mainly focus on the income or what money I will make from it more than being concerned about actually creating or perfecting a craft.

However, I know that when some people have greed like that, they become selfish or lose overall respect for themselves and will do "whatever it takes" to get money.

maybe it depends on how and where you get the money.. especially what you will do or how are you going to spend it. as long as your not doing anything against the law then go..

I think you're very smart, I see nothing abnormal about your interest in or passion for finance. It's an invigorating interest, and it's critical to like managing your own money.  It's magical, the way pennies turn into dollars and then you turn the dollars into the resources you need for moving forward with your life.  You sound like an entrepreneur - a professional who turns ideas (others' and/or your own) into a successful business. "The bottom line" of earnings or profit is usually the measure of business achievement, which of course should not exclude business ethics.  I also recommend you finish college and get your graduation document, whether in a 2- or 4-year school.  You shouldn't have a problem getting a job in your field, not many people love doing the nuts and bolts of money like you do.

• John

It was one of the robber barons of the last century - Like J. Paul Getty, those guys. He said that in order to become THAT kind of rich a person had to have a lust for wealth. A passion for money. He said that - in today's world I don't think it's really true anymore. The problem is that a passion for money is only one step away from outright greed and that get's people into all sorts of trouble.

Making money isnt inherently a passion.  

Here is the question...would you dig in manure just for an extra dollar an hour as opposed to working in finance?  If the answer is no, then making money isnt your passion. 

Anyway, dont focus on money too early in your career.  You wont actually get good at your job and the bigger bucks down the road will be harder to achieve.  

You mention managing money...so go become a banker.  Money may be your "passion" so working with money (yours, investors, etc) might be the right fit for you.  You need some serious training to do this and at 24...do you have a college degree...in finance?  If not, just find something you enjoy doing, get really good and then make your big bucks. 

It depends on what you do with your money. Make sure to save. Work hard but also play hard.

I do not understand what your exact question is.

It can become an addiction. Workaholism.