promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

why do some Christians say that atheists have itching ears?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not just atheists. Most Christians do, too, piling up teachers and preachers for themselve who will tell them what they want to hear.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because atheists use poison ivy as pillows.

• Justin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:3).

Fascinating...

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

their idiocy very obviously

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is a quote from 2 Timothy 4

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."  (2 Timothy 4:2-4)

It simply means that many people (not just atheists, but many people in general - including many who claim to be Christians) will only listen to what they want to hear.

They have a certain desire (itch) and they will only listen to that which will scratch their itch.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've never heard anyone say that,

• ...Show all comments
    • I'm blocked by Gangster Ghost, so I'm reporting his question twice.  And I think it's from our ears being in prolonged contact with their thighs.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I wasn't aware of Christians saying that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.