promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How might a marriage between two Puritans function if nothing can ever be impure?

Sex is very impure, even among married partners, so how do they ever make babies? Also, if neither can be impure, how do they not get taken advantage of by people who aren't afraid to be sinners or "get their hands dirty" or by people with "naughty thoughts"? Seems to me puritanism is a very restrictive belief system that doesn't allow ANY deviation.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Sex is not impure between a man and a woman who are in a marriage covenant.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Puritans don't preach that intercourse when the couple is married is impure.

Where did you get that idea?

• UV1 month agoReport

My wife who said anal and oral is impure

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sex between married partners is not only pure, but sacred.

• UV1 month agoReport

All forms of sex or just vaginal?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Sex is very impure, even among married partners."  

You're either out of your mind or a really lame troll.

• UV1 month agoReport

I was trolling

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

You are confusing the Puritans with the Shakers.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The first book of the Bible reveals that it was God who created humans as both “male and female.” God declared his creation to be “very good.” (Genesis 1:27, 31) Later, God inspired a Bible writer to give these instructions to husbands: “Rejoice with the wife of your youth . . . Let her breasts intoxicate you at all times.” (Proverbs 5:18, 19)

The facts show that in addition to making reproduction possible, God created the sexual organs in a way that allows a married couple to express their love and affection for each other in a mutually pleasurable way. Such relations can fill the physical and emotional needs of a man and woman who are in a warm and intimate relationship.

Satan has "blinded the minds of unbelievers" so that there is now a distorted view of sex and marriage. 

Source(s): jw.org
    • UV1 month agoReport

Doesn't really answer the question but thanks.

• 1 month ago

Ya know, it's totally possible to have a happy, fulfilling marriage, while NOT making babies! It's even possible to have one that does not include sex! But only if the people involved do not feel (much of) a need for it. If they DO feel a need for it..? They will have it! Simple as that. And if they're sexually mismatched, so that one of them does, while the other one does not..? The relationship usually won't last, sadly. Unless they can make it work, through compromising.

Source(s): Childfree person, who's never wanted kids. Panromantic grey asexual. In a very, VERY happy relationship, with someone else who's also childfree by choice. And probably somewhere on the ace spectrum himself as well. (None of us are religious, for the record. But definitely spiritual. And..? We just recently got engaged.) <3 :)
    • ...Show all comments
    • UV1 month agoReport

"mainstream society" is just Conservative Christian society; but even in that regard, that would mean that a Puritan fits main stream society and main stream society would do their part to shame anyone who doesn't act in a biblical and conservative way. So how do they even live together?

• 1 month ago

Even Puritans believe that sex within marriage is a blessing. So, your questions aren't relevant.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Sex is very impure" No it isn't....

• ...Show all comments
    • UV1 month agoReport

Fair point. it's hard to not focus on yourself when your needs aren't being met by the relationship. I think once there's a backslide of one or more people that it's normal to go into survival mode. She ignores me with electronics 24/7 yet claims she loves me - That's wack. But thank you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.