Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Do you support gender equality, feminism or advantaging men and why?

Favorite Answer

"Do you support gender equality, feminism or advantaging men and why?"

I support either traditionalism or equality.  Today, we work under feminism, which promotes the benefits of both of those, for women only, while men pick up the responsibilities for behaving in such a manner so that women get this gynocentric outcome, while men must also adjust their expectations for receiving fairness under this system.  

In the first word, we are too far down the road of equality to turn back.  So we now need to impose a proper (non-feminist) equality, which means both equal Rights AND equal Responsibilities for women.  Equal treatment in all veins including where that is unpleasant.  No more privileges for women just because they are women.  that is NOT equality, and not fair for men either.

.

I support feminism.   Feminists have shown females need advantages to succeed due to the patriarchy and male privilege.   

• Daniel4 weeks agoReport

How about instead giving women extra privileges to balance it, we end the patriarchy

Gender equality is surely the fairest way to go, as offering an advantage to one gender will negatively impact the opposite gender.  Although I do also support some forms of feminism, because I believe that in some instances, women don't have the same opportunities as men do.

• Judee

I do NOT support gender equality, I support gender FAIRNESS.  We are not the same, we have different needs, skills, emotions etc. but that is no excuse for treating women as being less than men.  We have skills they do not have and vice-versa and that will never change but our differences should never mean that we are treated unfairly.

I support equality because picking either side is stupid and kinda sexist so 

I support equality through factual evidence, not feelings.

• Foofa

I support people just living their lives and not blaming others for all their problems. Be they male or female.

I believe that all people are created equal. It's that simple. Don't blur that truth with fuzzy words such as feminism or advantaging.

Every time I go to the beach, and see some over weight guy with boobs bigger than mine with his shirt off.

• Satan

I think people should be treated the same

I don't think people should be promoted though just for whats between their legs though, or for the color of their skin, or which religion they follow.