Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why are there so many "armchair quarterbacks" and "armchair experts" on the internet giving unsolicited advice and uneducated opinions?

For example people who are not even professional athletes, who feel the need to critique and criticize professional athletes' form or ball handling or throwing motion, etc etc or people who criticize the President acting like they know how to run the control better than him.

Run the country*

The internet has made the access of information so available, that every seems to think they're a certified expert on the subjects they've came across.  Unfortunately, people don't realize that it is the largest source of misinformation, as well.  I remember when we used to make jokes about believing what's on the internet, now almost everyone accepts it as gospel. 

Social media and internet forums condition people to believe that their opinions and feelings matter, and that it's perfectly normal divulge every trivial thought that comes to mind.  All these people are fighting to put in their "two cents", and don't realize that no one really care, and why they don't feel too happy about themselves, or their lives.  That is exactly why Y!A is the only place online I somewhat interact with others.

I've always been an opinionated person, yet I've avoided partaking in spewing out my self important thoughts, in the sea of everyone else's, once I saw all this coming in the early 2000s.  I was there in the beginnings of social media invites on college campuses and blogs, and I want nothing to do with it.  I have a facebook I never go on, that my best friend made for me, in the hopes we'd make some connection online, we can't have in person.  

It always reminded me of the line in Fight Club, "We were selling them their own fat @$$es back to them".  I was not surprised when it came out that the tech companies purposely made the technology to be highly addictive.  

just for the money, thats what its all about the money

There are a lot of people who know more than the so-called experts. Dumb fvcks like you are just brainwashed to blindly worship authority figures because you’re too stupid to know better.

• Nom

because arm chair interviewers and survey takers like you ask theses types of questions arm chair questions get arm chair answers

The internet brings out everyone.

You can act like you know it all.

Ignore them.

So, you believe in absolute monarchy, right?

I appreciate *informed* opinions.

• Stan

People are brought on cable news not for who they are but for what they are expected to say.

James Carville is on TV now because he hates Bernie Sanders. He can be expexted to come on and bash progressives. That's the only reason that ugly old creeptkeeper is being dragged in front of the cameras. Because you just drop a coin in the slot and he'll play all the hits for you. Everything the media execs want to hear.

• Stan
      1 month agoReport

"If you dont want people taliking about you, don't give them anything to talk about" meaning sit down and shut up. 

• Lili

It may seem silly to you, but frankly, that's part and parcel of the entertainment value of spectator sports -- that people can watch and criticize and debate athletic performance.  Sorry, but that's been the case since the Greeks and other ancient peoples held games. If they couldn't do that, the sports would be less enjoyable, less entertaining.

And the people of a given country have every right to critique the performance of their politicians. In fact, they are encouraged to do so in free countries, and in the end, they express the opinions they have formed via their votes.  That you don't seem to grasp this makes me wonder what you were doing in Civics and Government classes -- if you took any. Were you asleep?

You are not being remotely realistic or even intelligent.  Perhaps you think human beings should not converse or exchange opinions at all?  Or that they should merely comment on the weather?

Grow up and develop a more sophisticated intellect and understanding of social interaction and civic life.