What are the odds coronavirus will kill you if you get it?

Like 2%?

• kelvin
    Favorite Answer

if your young and healthy the chances are zero

Okay, no one under the age of 50 has died because of the corona virus yet. People, just chill for a second! As long as you catch it early, don’t have any other health problems, and aren’t over 50, you’ll be fine.

• Lili
      1 month agoReport

People under 50 HAVE died of it. Young doctors in China have died.  The first two, so far as I know, had no particular health issues. https://www.businessinsider.com/why-coronavirus-killed-young-chinese-doctors-2020-2

• patty

there are different strands.

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

do you have a source for that?

I'd say more around 1% if immediate care is received. 

• Lili
      1 month agoReport

Most people need no medical care for the virus.  It will be no more serious for them than the common cold.  However, if you are elderly or suffer from other health problems (diabetes, respiratory problems, etc., or are immuno-compromised), you do need medical care.

• Mystic

A lot of factors come into play -

*Your age

*Your overall health/well-being 

*Your access to medical care

*Whether you have any preexisting medical conditions and what those are if you do 

*How fast you go to the doctor to seek treatment

A lot of people that have died have been older and/or have had medical conditions like respiratory issues, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

If you start to feel sick, go to the doctor. The faster you seek treatment, the better.

• Jamie I1 month agoReport

The advice I'm getting is Don't go to the doctor's surgery - you may be spreading the virus around among sick and weak people.  Call a medical service to come to you if one is available.  Otherwise, treat yourself as if you had a bad dose of flu.  98% of people recover completely within 15-20 days.

Probably less than the odds of dying  from psychiatric or medical malpractice 

A young and healthy person? Virtually zero.

They estimate it's less than 1% fatal and I'm sure 99.9% of them deaths are people who have long term illnesses. Even then it's not 100% fatal.

The problem that I see is that nobody knows the people who are infected with the corona virus, so currently the percent might be low that you would catch it, but that's unpredictable. In other words it could 100%, and it would be 100% if you came in contact with someone who is infected with the corona virus.

Frankly I think the percent might remain around 2% if you were properly prepared RIGHT NOW. I think it could be anywhere from 0% to 5%.

Regarding the odds of the corona virus killing someone I think that's unpredictable as well, so it could anywhere from 0% to 100%.

I am already aware that not everyone will have an opportunity NOW to get properly prepared. Because there seems to be a shortage of items.

I realize people are saying that the corona virus might go away when the seasons change, or it might go away on it's own, so please don't be gullible, and believe everything you hear, or read. Remember it's a virus that's contagious, and it kills people.

I have had the flue before, and I am still alive, but I never had the corona virus, and no I don't want to get that type of virus.

Regarding myself I am already prepared. I have what I need, so if I wanted to then I could walk around people who are infected with the corona virus, and the chances of me getting infected would be low, or maybe 0%.

• Terry
      1 month agoReport

NO.               

It would probably depend upon a person's general health and the health of their immune system. I suppose you could google this question for more information

• Mark

Not very much, if you wash your hands frequently and have a normal immune system. Colds are coronaviruses.