Anonymous

Does that qualify as a bachelors degree?

I’m currently a paralegal studies student in a 18 month program. At the end of the program I will have an associated degree in applied sciences. When I’m finished I plan to return for an additional 18 months to take criminal justice courses which also provides an associates degree in applied sciences. Will I then have a bachelors degree in applied Sciences?

• MS
    Favorite Answer

No, you will have 2 associate's degrees in applied science.  Two associate's degrees do not add up to make a bacehlor's degree.  A bachelor's degree will have its own requirements both for general education and your major field.  Some of these classes might apply toward a bachelor's degree, but you would have to enroll in a bachelor's degree program to earn one.

• Goerge

Nope, that just means you have a leg up on those with just an associate's degree. Is this potential employee trying to get off easy by thinking his two degrees equal a bachelor's? We don't want someone who is content with just getting by. 86 that application and let's move on. I passed algebra and trig, does that mean I understand calculus now? No.