On average are females more likely than males to have paranormal beliefs? ?

• Hunter

Fun Fact for the ignorant: roughly 12-20% of the world's 7 billion population has some degree of psi abilities and of course, will sooner or later have some kind of paranormal event. If you can't do the math, that's 840 million to just about 1.4 billion people. Since there are always 2:1 women to men-- that's established biology-- women are of course more likely to be telepaths, empaths, seers, etc than men; and children more so than adults. Go figure boys and girls.

I think that true on average. Not tru in all cases of course. English GaoPei and Hunter more likely to believe such nonsense than Megumi and me. 

• Mr. P

Of the paranormal teams I have met and talked to there does seem to be slightly more women than men.

The forum I visit which has a lot of clairvoyants/ psychic people is predominantly female.

There also seems to be more female witches than male, and some groups are exclusively female. Dianic groups etc. There also seems to be more males drawn to high and ceremonial magic.

The only thing that bucks the rule are the Vampires. These are mostly male.

• Megumi

I think that is the case. Women tend to be more emotional than men, and such absurd beliefs rely upon arousing primitive emotions, so that people cannot be reasonable and objective. Of course there are some men who are more emotional than women, especially English Gaijin who passionately hates anyone who does not believe the absurd tales of amateurish frauds and hysterical morons. 

• Garrett
      3 weeks agoReport

Let us see you photo! It is all too easy to fake photos now. I protest my tax money being used for such nonsense. 

Bet it was a man who created that poll

• Zirp

be more specific.

It seems that women are more likely to belief in stuff like angels and reincarnation

On the other hand there are plenty of men who believe stupid conspiracy-theories

• John

Yes they are, for the most part, according to a Gallup study of US, Canada & GB:

"A closer look at the data reveal that belief can differ by gender. Women are more likely than men to believe in haunted houses, communicating with the dead, and astrology. Men, on the other hand, show a slightly greater proclivity than women to believe in extraterrestrial beings. I can't speculate as to why, but others have:"

Soren Kerk-Tabor, a professor of sociology at California State University in Los Angeles, agrees that women are more likely than men to believe in the paranormal, but for a different reason. "Men tend to judge themselves competitively," she says. "They ask, 'Am I better than you?' whereas women encompass the whole and ask, 'Where do I fit in?' This inclusiveness may help women to be more receptive to the 'magical stuff' -- things that exist in a different paradigm, in another realm.

• John
      1 month agoReport

Apparently so.  It would be interesting to see how the cultures of the rest of the world influence these percentages.

• 👻

No. And I’m sure your point is that “women are silly emotional creatures”, “and men are logical”.. bullshit. Men experience and study paranormal just as much as women do. You are the typical liberal who is deep down sexist, and intolerant of differing views. Why not continue on with your phony concerns of “climate change”, and the corona virus while you’re at it.

• Brian

Women More Open Than Men to Some Paranormal Beliefs. Women are more likely than men to believe in haunted houses, communicating with the dead, and astrology. Men, on the other hand, show a slightly greater proclivity than women to believe in extraterrestrial beings.  That was according to a gallup poll study.

I think women are just less embarrassed to talk about it, on the quiet many male colleagues of mine and myself think there could be.

• English Guy
      4 weeks agoReport

I thought you were someone else. Just that your name rings a bell.