Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

May I legally acquire a rifle in Florida and then transport it to New York?

I am a New York resident and will be visiting Florida in a few months. I have often visited the pawn shops down there and seen models of rifles that I want badly at steep discounts compared to what I could purchase them for in New York.

So, obvious question, as a New Yorker can I buy a rifle in Florida and transport it home with me?

• don

New York is run by liberals.Liberals love oppressive laws and hate the 2nd amendment.Their gun laws are so screwed up NObody understands them.I would suggest contacting the prosecutors office where you live and you might get lucky enough to find somebody there who knows or at least thinks they know.

If it is a modem rifle, sure, you still must pass BG check . Can be 3 days.U must also be  sure the rifle legal  in NY and legal to transport To NY.. May haveta  get trigger lock and store in trunk in some states. 

If an antique or muzzle loader  (pawn shops sell These, Too), no problemo.

A better question:

Why would you even need or want a gun?

#BanThemAll

You need to check the gun regulations in the states you plan on traveling through.

No law prevents you from buying a firearm there. Transport requires you to obey all laws regarding transport in each state between NY and FL.

Naturally there is also the BG waiting period.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

Watch out for New Jersey, in particular.

Yes, you may 100% purchase a rifle or shotgun in Florida and bring it to New York.  But obviously the rifle needs to be legal in your state, so no AR-15's.  Consider that you are driving through several states, each with their own laws, so abide by them by transporting your rifle unloaded and secured... aka. use a lock.