Kelsey asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 month ago

Which foundation should I use?

All of the foundations I have tried ended up looking cakey and heavy after I put them on. I don t have over oily or dry skin, so I d say I have combination skin. I also suffer from breakouts and sensitive skin. I want a foundation that looks natural and like i have nothing on, but also hides my redness and is not greasy. Thank you!

You can try a tinted moisturizer, a BB cream or even a CC cream.  They aren't as heavy as foundation and if need be you can use a concealer meant for people with breakouts too.  Also, finish setting your makeup with a matte makeup setting spray, NYX makes them for a good price.  It helps with keeping your foundation or tinted moisturizer from looking too cakey.  Good Luck! :)

Go to a large department store and ask at some of the make up counters if they do free makeovers. Tell them you're interested in buying some of their products and want to see what suits you best (it's only a little white lie.) You'll be able to get a better idea of what suits you and how to apply it without it going patchy.

Try a BB cream. Like Maybelline dream fresh. There's one especially made for acne prone skin.