promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 3 months ago

When did you first realize fluoride is a poisonous chemical that doesnt belong in water?

Nothing like a good ol pineal gland detox of poisonous fluoride

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr W
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

why do you TROLL yahoo answers?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

About the same time I realized that people who ask loaded, leading questions aren't interested in actually LEARNING, and just want to hear their own barely-informed opinions coming from another person's mouth.

Don't bother commenting.  I don't care and I'm not coming back to this question.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed.

There were little fluoride-pills in the 1970's, but the present consensus here in Europe is that fluoride does good when applied to teeth, as opposed to when you digest it. So we put it in toothpaste, not in drinking water

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

What does "trace amounts" have to do with dumping mass amounts into public water supplies

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dixon
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Anything is toxic if you take enough of it, even water.

• 3 months ago

I never did, because it's not true.

It is a "trace element" that is required for health, in very small quantities.

Look at the minerals in a multivitamin & mineral tablet and there are quite a few other elements that are essential for health but toxic at high levels - selenium, copper, molybdenum, zinc to name a few.

Even oxygen or water will kill you in excess amounts; just because something is toxic in excess quantities does not automatically mean it's dangerous in small or reasonable quantities.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

This is not a question about Chemistry.  It needs moving.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.