promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 1 month ago

Is London safe for a 17 year old boy alone?

Hello. I am a 17 year old boy and will be going to London by myself this Saturday as my parents will no longer be able to come with me.

I want to know if it's safe or if there is likely to be somebody harassing me. I am going to areas like Kensington and West Hampstead, as well as travelling on the busses and underground network. I do not want to be trapped on a train with some person trying to harass me in a tunnel. I know everything is possible, I just want somebody to tell me who lives in London if this happens a lot and if it is likely to happen to me. Thank you.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You’re visiting nice/ touristy parts of the city so it’s unlikely that anything could happen. 

I’ve traveled alone around London since, I was about 12/13 especially, that’s where I grew up. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

London is quite safe, just do not walk along talkng on your mobile phone, look up and look where you are going, you will be fine.

• 1 month ago

That will depend on your common sense.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Teenagers live in London, they go to school there every day, travel on tubes and buses.

There is not mass slaughter is there.

Grow a pair.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You will be fine. Nothing will happen. Just relax. If London is really unsafe then no one would be going there.

• 1 month ago

Somebody like who is going to harass you? You sound like an idiot. Best stay at home with mummy and daddy

• Anon1 month agoReport

Geez, anybody going to a big city for the first time by themselves is going to be a little nervous. Cut them some slack.

• 1 month ago

That sort of thing could happen anywhere. Just mind your own business and i'm sure you'll be fine.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My son got himself around all the main areas of London from the age of 13. Buses and tubes are all safe during the day, and mostly in the evenings as well, though you might encounter a few drunks after dark, but they are unlikely to do you any harm.

• ...Show all comments
    • Cara
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Then, of course, came school activities and other outside interests, and later university. Is that "browsing London streets"? You are perhaps implying something disreputable, but I don't know why you should. London is a perfectly respectable place for ordinary people.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No problem.  After all, there are 18 year old students living there who get on perfectly well getting around on their own.

Plus you're planning to be in nice areas, so you will be fine.

• 1 month ago

It's not inherently unsafe, and if you're travelling during the day to places like Kensington you're unlikely to have any issues.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.