promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why is time much faster than ever?

I have been noticing that the time is going very fast more than it was 5 years ago. It seems like we have less than 24 hours. Why is time flying so fast? Does anyone else notice it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel exactly the same way you do. I don't know why it goes fast but live each day like your last.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I agree. Time has been flying after 2011 for me. My 21st birthday seems like it was 5/6 years ago, not a whole decade. 

• 1 month ago

As you get older, time seems faster because of telescoping. That is there is compression of time  because you forget some of the details in 40 years. So it seems a lesser number of things have happened.

When you were you you remembered more things, so time appeared longer. Full of more events.

• steve
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

When I was younger and I was looking to forward to something like a holiday abroad it seemed to take an age to come round then last a long time.

Now I am older it seems no sooner as I have booked it even if months in advance I run out of time getting everything done before I go. When I get there it goes so quick it feels like I am getting back on the plane to come home the day after I got there.

I think it is if you are busy and have responsibilities time flies and there aren't enough hours in the day. When you are younger with perhaps not so much responsibility time drags.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anon
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It appears to go faster as you get older.

• 1 month ago

Because you have been day dreaming since 5 years ago. Time is not existed in dream, could be in seconds but the duration is same as years in dream.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.