promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Fellow LEOs out there?

Hi,

So i've been a cop for almost 2 years (yes i'm a green bean noobie... blue-green though lol)

Is it bad that I don't like to arrest for dumb stuff or write tons of tickets? I always do my duty when it needs to be done. I will arrest when it's warranted, but I notice some cops arrest on every opportunity they get.

But I didn't get into this cause I like messing with people and taking every-and-anyone "to the cleaners" for petty things like a first offense operation after suspension - an essentially victimless crime that can easily be dealt with by writing a must-appear summons.

Any opinions? Am I a bad cop because I avoid arresting people unless its a crime that has an actual victim? 

-Mike

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Ana
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No that actually makes you a really good cop. Of course, other cops might be jealous or salty that you’re a good cop. Just hold your head high bro

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If you were a cop you would understand that a cop's duty is to enforce the law. You have discretion in many cases but deciding which laws to enforce and which not to enforce is not a decision you get to make. 

BTW, if cops never charged people for a first offense, no one would ever be charged. 

Source(s): 20 years a cop
    • ...Show all comments
    • Michael1 month agoReport

Im talking about arrests, not enforcibility of crimes. If you had any prior knowlege on the subject you could have answered it properly. But you don't, so stay in your field 🤷‍♂️.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.