promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Nicholas asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

Is Mike Tysons intimidating aura a real thing that helped him win fights?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Yes, all the great fighters had it though.

You work hard to build it up, then when you start knocking one...two...three....10 guys out in the first few rounds, that psychologically s**ts up the next opponent.

this is what Iron Mike had in his favor,  opponents had lost before they even got into the ring with him. 

to build that rep you need skills though.  Its not fluke to be ko'ing guys out inside 1-3 rounds in every fight. trust me.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

If you get intimidated by Iron Mike, you will lose. There's a likelihood you will win if you stood your ground.. Many of his opponents just look for a big payday and and settle there in the squared circle for a place to sleep. Tyson, is a knockout artist, let's give him that, but outside an out of prime Holmes, he didnt beat nobody good in their prime best.  

• 1 month ago

Yes and he was the best

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That and the fact that he was super fast, highly skilled and punched like an express train. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Oh I think so. If u watch his fight against Spinks in 88, which I think was probably his peak, u could see Spinks was visibly intimidated and actually looked a bit scared. And I saw a video where Spinks' then manager Butch Lewis said that the reason he may have looked like that was because when they were in their dressing rooms before the fight, Tyson had apparently become angry when I think it was Lewis had insisted that Tyson's gloves be double-checked or something like that, and this had really pissed Tyson off and so he started literally punching holes in the walls of his dressing room and Spinks could hear this next door. Tyson of course blew Spinks away in 91 seconds. There was definitely a lot of fear with Tyson in his prime. 

• Yes, until one night in Tokyo Japan against a 42-1 Underdog named James Buster Douglas. Douglas shattered that Aura of Invincibility, just like UFC World Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey had an Aura of Invincibility Before Holly Holm too her head off a few years ago.

If you saw Tyson fight live in his prime and I did, it was real. Black Trunks, Black Shoes, No Shirt, No Socks, Game Face. Ring The Bell, Cut The Ring in Half and carve your opponent up with great Foot Speed and Great Hand Speed. 

• snafu
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tyson did practice the dark arts of intimidation.  Often fights are won before the bell of the first round.  

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it might be that

Lv 7
    1 month ago

In his prime, opponents knew that he was going to try very hard to knock them out in the first round.  Since he did that 22 times, it had to be a concern. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.