Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

Why does my cell phone plan give me unlimited YouTube on my PS4 only until I have downloaded 8 GB to my system?

My cell phone plan gives me 8 GB of high-speed hotspot data using my phone as a hotspot.  Usually I use that to download updates and games on my PS4.  Once I've done that my YouTube and web browser on my PS4 get super slow.  This month, however, I paused all my downloads and only used my PS4 to watch YouTube.  It passed the 8 GB mark and kept going indefinitely.  I thought then that that meant that I had a glitch that allowed me to have truly unlimited high-speed hotspot data forever.  I then decided to start downloading the 41 things I have queued up on my system.  Once 8 GB had been downloaded, though, YouTube and my web browser went back to being super slow again.  Why do I only have unlimited high-speed hotspot data as long as I don't download anything?

This is something you would need to ask your carrier.