I found a lump on my armpit?

I am a 19 year old female and I found a lump on my armpit. It kind of feels like a cyst and it kind of hurts. I don't know if this is breast cancer and I am freaking out. What should I do? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

• Edna

If you have a lump in your armpit and it feels sore if you touch it ,it's probably nothing more than a swollen lymph node. Leave it alone, and it'll gradually shrink to its normal size. 

• Will.

It may just go away, but if you have it after two weeks go and show it to a doctor.

• Lili

It sounds like a swollen lymph node, no big deal.  They are common. The swelling will normally go down.

Or it could be an ingrown hair.  I sometimes get little swollen lumps after shaving under my arms. That's common, too.

But if you're upset, see a doctor. This is not the place to get medical advice.

It could be all different things, like a cyst, an ingrown hair, a skin infection which has resulted in swelling, or indeed cancer (though it's unlikely at your age, since cancer rarely affects teenagers). 

The only way to tell would be to get it looked at by a doctor. I would advise that you see your GP about it as soon as you can.

Hope this helps.

Breast cancer spread after 40, and it is very rare, it can be a lump or just swelling 

Why don't you see if you can see the Pimple Popper? She knows a lot about lumps.

• Ace Shorty
      1 month agoReport

If it is cancerous, she would have a much better shot with me than with the medical profession, I use herbs, they are natures' medicine. I can turn her immune system into a killing machine.

If it feels like a cyst and is painful then it is most likely a cyst or ingrown hair.

Breast cancer is rarely painful until very advanced.

At age 19 your risk of breast cancer is 1 in 1,300,000.

You are nearly 3 tumes more likely ro be hit by lightning than have breast cancer at your age.

If concerned, see a doctor.

It's probably a swollen lymph node (immune reaction) but you should go to a doctor just in case.

• Marc

First of all, 19 year old is very very rare to have breast cancer. Second, just make an appointment to see your doctor to find out what it really is

I’ve had a lump in my armpit and breast last year. I just went to the GP. He said it feels like fibroadenomas which are benign and are not cancerous. 

However, he did refer me to hospital just to double check. I waited 3 months and had an appointment. Did scan on the both lumps and turns out their were benign. 

You should go see a doctor.