promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

I have asthma active duty?

Been in the army but im stationed in Colorado my breathing is just terrible what will the military doctor say when they found out i have asthma is it a discharge 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If you have any record of diagnosis and/or treatment for asthma prior to enlistment you will be medically evaluated then given an adverse (less than honorable) discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

• Daniel
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Nowhere in his question did he say anything about pre-existing asthma.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Once they find out you lied on your enlistment paperwork they will recommend a discharge to you Commander. Or is this a way to get released early to the NG? If so, it's a stupid idea.

Source(s): I've read your previous posts.
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assumption here is you have been there long enough to acclimate.  You are not discharged immediately if diagnosed. Only if they cannot get it under control

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just because your breathing is bad doesn’t mean you have asthma. Especially in Colorado where you are at a higher elevation so it can be causing the problem. Go to a doctor and get diagnosed.  If it is required more testing and you can go before a board. They then decide 

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They will have you go through additional testing.  If you no longing meet the standard for retention, then you will go through a med board.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

all I can go on is I know my nephew had asthma when he joined but never told them. when he had a bad episode and his breathing was bad they gave him a medical discharge instantly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.