Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

I have asthma active duty?

Been in the army but im stationed in Colorado my breathing is just terrible what will the military doctor say when they found out i have asthma is it a discharge 

If you have any record of diagnosis and/or treatment for asthma prior to enlistment you will be medically evaluated then given an adverse (less than honorable) discharge for fraudulent enlistment.

• Daniel
      4 weeks agoReport

Nowhere in his question did he say anything about pre-existing asthma.

Once they find out you lied on your enlistment paperwork they will recommend a discharge to you Commander. Or is this a way to get released early to the NG? If so, it's a stupid idea.

Source(s): I've read your previous posts.
  • Mrsjvb

Assumption here is you have been there long enough to acclimate.  You are not discharged immediately if diagnosed. Only if they cannot get it under control

Just because your breathing is bad doesn’t mean you have asthma. Especially in Colorado where you are at a higher elevation so it can be causing the problem. Go to a doctor and get diagnosed.  If it is required more testing and you can go before a board. They then decide 

• Daniel

They will have you go through additional testing.  If you no longing meet the standard for retention, then you will go through a med board.

all I can go on is I know my nephew had asthma when he joined but never told them. when he had a bad episode and his breathing was bad they gave him a medical discharge instantly.