promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it weird to eat pancakes with ranch?

My husband and I celebrated national pancake day by making a big batch of pancakes this morning. He usually just eats his with syrup or berries, but I prefer to eat mine with ranch dressing. He says this is weird and gross, but I figure it's just the same as a savory crepe! What do you all think about savory pancakes, particularly with ranch?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

it is weird eating ranch. nasty stuff.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I have no inclination to pass judgment on other people's food choices. If you like the ranch dressing, go for it. You do have me wondering if a little broccoli and bacon would be good with it.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When we have 'pancakes' for a 'meal' I make some with savory fillings and some with sweet toppings / fillings too.

Years ago my mother used to serve them with 'gravy' / meat juices before a main roast dinner, as a starter, similar to Yorkshire Pudding, we used to call it 'Pan Pudding' when we were kids.

I would try 'ranch' rolled up in a savory pancake, maybe with some ham or chicken?

• 1 month ago

National pancake day? Shrove Tuesday is marked the world over in Christian households. It stems from being the last day before the fasting of Lent. I don't know ranch dressing, being English, but the French have a saying that translates as, "to each his own". So if it isn't weird to you, why worry?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, it's a bit odd and it wouldn't appeal to me but if that's what you want there is no reason not to do it. Why do you ask? I mean, if a few people here on yahoo answers think it's weird, would you stop doing it?

• 1 month ago

Ok...maybe a little odd but as long as you are not forcing him or anyone else to eat them it is no big deal.  

Personally I like waffles better than pancakes but when I do have them I like them with lemon juice and a sprinkling of granulated sugar, not much I like the lemon to stand out. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah, it's weird, but we're all weird in one way or another. 

• 1 month ago

Nasty. What god awful crepe did you eat?

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would say it's unusual, not weird,to make an analogy: one of my freinds liked mustard on his popcorn,and to me it's the same thing, not weird, but it was unusual.

• 1 month ago

It is a bit unusual but to each their own

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.