Is it weird to eat pancakes with ranch?

My husband and I celebrated national pancake day by making a big batch of pancakes this morning. He usually just eats his with syrup or berries, but I prefer to eat mine with ranch dressing. He says this is weird and gross, but I figure it's just the same as a savory crepe! What do you all think about savory pancakes, particularly with ranch?

it is weird eating ranch. nasty stuff.

I have no inclination to pass judgment on other people's food choices. If you like the ranch dressing, go for it. You do have me wondering if a little broccoli and bacon would be good with it.

• denise

When we have 'pancakes' for a 'meal' I make some with savory fillings and some with sweet toppings / fillings too.

Years ago my mother used to serve them with 'gravy' / meat juices before a main roast dinner, as a starter, similar to Yorkshire Pudding, we used to call it 'Pan Pudding' when we were kids.

I would try 'ranch' rolled up in a savory pancake, maybe with some ham or chicken?

National pancake day? Shrove Tuesday is marked the world over in Christian households. It stems from being the last day before the fasting of Lent. I don't know ranch dressing, being English, but the French have a saying that translates as, "to each his own". So if it isn't weird to you, why worry?

Yes, it's a bit odd and it wouldn't appeal to me but if that's what you want there is no reason not to do it. Why do you ask? I mean, if a few people here on yahoo answers think it's weird, would you stop doing it?

Ok...maybe a little odd but as long as you are not forcing him or anyone else to eat them it is no big deal.  

Personally I like waffles better than pancakes but when I do have them I like them with lemon juice and a sprinkling of granulated sugar, not much I like the lemon to stand out. 

Yeah, it's weird, but we're all weird in one way or another. 

Nasty. What god awful crepe did you eat?

• Bob

I would say it's unusual, not weird,to make an analogy: one of my freinds liked mustard on his popcorn,and to me it's the same thing, not weird, but it was unusual.

It is a bit unusual but to each their own