promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

What are the best laptop brands and what should I look for?

I am looking to spend no more than $350. Is Lenovo good, what is an ideapad? What specs should I look for? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Lenovo is a good brand (it's the line of laptops that was purchased from IBM when they sold off that side of their business.) 

What you want to do with your laptop really matters how much you spend and how much speed you need.  Assuming it's not heavy processing/graphics related, then you have some options.  These days, I would go with 8gb of RAM minimum.  If you don't, it'll quickly be on the bottom end and wishing you had spent a few more dollars.

CostCo has had the Lenovo IdealPad S340 on sale around your price range which would fit.  Look online as well.  

I'm not sure why someone would specifically look for an HP over Lenovo as stated below.  Both are good.  Lenovo and HP are both used at large companies (although my last job they dropped HP for Lenovo possibly b/c of cost.)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

brands are not important. you need to look at the CPU (processor). you get a decent processor, you'll have a decent PC.

and NO PC less than $450 is worth the money. just save up a little longer. it's totally worth the wait...

• 1 month ago

For that price range I would go with HP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.