A man forced his 4-year old to get an unnecessary circumcision, despite knowing he was terrified of it. Why isn't the doctor going to jail?

If unnecessarily putting a child through terror isn't child abuse and medical malpractice and a violation of the hippocratic oath, then what is?

Circumcision is a standard medical practice; I don't see where medical malpractice occurred. 

Being scared of the unknown is standard childish/immature behavior; I don't see where child abuse occurred. 

• roger4 weeks agoReport

What do you mean "childish/immature behavior". Would you like it if someone caused you  unnecessary terror?

The hippocratic oath?  Seriously?  That has not mattered in quite a while.  "Medical ethics" are quite malleable these days.  If a circumcision was the worst of it I would be far less concerned than I am.

• duker918
      1 month agoReport

The "hippocratic oath" has changed in places and over time.  Medical "ethics" are becoming more and more..... fluid.  If "ethics" are "fluid" they can be quite..... questionable.

Who are you to decide a procedure is unnecessary? Aren't you injecting yourself into a situation that doesn't concern you?

• y

4 is an odd age for that to happen. I'd like a link to your supposed non necessary procedure for this four old. If in the US, I'm thinking there was an issue with infections an the doc believed, this was the best route to go.

The parent makes medical decisions on behalf of the child.  It's that simple.  Any particular reason you are so fixated on circumcision?  Question after question ...

"A man" cannot request the surgery.  A father can WITH the consent of the mother.  Likewise, "a woman" cannot request the surgery.