Are permanent liver issues possible for a male in his mid-20s?

I have on average 2-5 alcoholic beverages a week. That means that on the weekend I ll have a day, sometimes two, where I binge drink to get drunk. Occasionally I ll skip a weekend and just have a beer during the week. Outside of the alcohol, I am thin, and strive to eat mostly veges, fruit, and some lean meat/fish. I rarely get sick but I read that liver problems are asymptomatic until later stages. I am curious if I continue this type of lifestyle that I will develop some unseen issues.

That is no problem. Also the liver is about the only organ that regenerates, so if you stop drinking altogether for a month at your leve, your liver will be as good as new. 

There is a dry January custom in England now, which means a lot of people stop drinking for one whole month to get the liver back on track for the next 11 months of drinking. 

Depends on the type/size of the beverage.

That said, the liver is an incredible organ. It's capable of completely regenerating itself even if it's only at 20% or less of what it used to be. Lighten up on the drinking if it worries you too much, but keep in mind that as long as you're able to stop (& the liver isn't already pickled) then you can go for some time (I think a few months ~ a year depending on ur usage) and it'll go back to normal, or at least significantly improve from how it was before.

• Dayton

It is not enough to cause liver damage - you are only a moderate drinker