Why are conservatives so opposed to universal healthcare when every country with such a system pays less than America & gets better outcomes?

Favorite Answer

Bernie touts Medicare for All and Trump minions cry 'socialists'.

Lets see what other US Presidents have advocated for a universal healthcare plan for the US.

The most obvious is FDR and also JFK.

But then Republicans Truman and Nixon also had plans for a universal healthcare plan for the US.

Were Truman and Nixon also socialists?

It wasn't until Reagan sold the GOP to the corporate oligarchs in the early 1980s that Republicans really started pushing against a universal healthcare plan.

• Lone Star Patriot

Medicare for All would save $450 billion EVERY YEAR, and prevent 68,000 unnecessary deaths. Why on earth would anybody oppose this?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(19)33019-3/fulltext#%20

Conservatives are against tax money helping the people. They only support taxation that funds violence 

EXACTLY WHEN was the last time you received any effective Healthcare in one of those countries?

Inquiring minds wanna know,,

And, if you haven't actually received any healthcare in one of those countries, Did your Parents have any children that Lived or were you aborted at birth & somehow managed to survive in a Liberal vacuum?

• Lone Star Patriot

I've lived in countries with universal healthcare for 20% of my life. My son was born in one of those countries. I guarantee you the care is cheaper and more effective. 

Which country has more that 300 million people to cover under universal healtcare?

Lets see Canada has less people than California and it takes months to see a doctor

• Lone Star Patriot

More people = more doctors, more hospitals, more clinics, etc. It's an economy of scale. Why does the number of people matter? 

It's not free healthcare. It's our tax dollars. And if we increase taxes to get free healthcare, liberals won't like that they're paying more money. They're wishy-washy.

• Lone Star Patriot

I'd rather pay $200 more in taxes every month and save the $800 in monthly health insurance premiums. 

1.  Your question is based on a false premise.  

2.  I’m not opposed to universal healthcare, but Medicare for all as currently proposed is not financially viable.  

3.  Compared to most nations we have notably higher malpractice costs, a more obese, sicker population, notably higher prescription drug costs, higher end of life costs.   We can’t offer affordable universal care until we lower these costs.   

4.   I currently pay under $100/month for very good health insurance which is provided largely as a work benefit.  Medicare  for all would cost me notably more in taxes and have reduced services.  It would not be cheaper.   

Because it doesn't get better outcomes...that's why rich Canadians come here for surgeries

• David3 months agoReport

YEAH BUT LONE STAR YOU FORGET THAT NO CHANCE WITHOUT (ANTI) CHRIST GUY THINKS THE REAL GODS THAT MATTER ARE WEALTHY PEOPLE LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE KNOWS IF YOU ARE POOR CHRIST SAYS YOUR EVIL AND HE KNOWS ANYONE LIKE HIM WILL ALWAYS BE FINE BECAUSE HE IS NOT EVIL HE FOLLOWS (ANTI) CHRIST WEALTHLY PEOPLE

their masters have convinced them that everything they do is good.

Why are democrats so opposed to choice.

The government does not do anything better or cheaper than the private sector.

If you want government healthcare good, get it and you divide the associated costs between your members.

But don't force me to have government healthcare.

I will pay my private healthcare and associated costs.

• Curtis 1911

HEY DAVID YOU EMOTIONAL DUMBASS,,,,WHERE DID I SAY EVIL GOVERNMENT? NOW PUBLIC EDUCATION IS EVIL,,,, 

Who has " better outcomes " and pays less ?

Certainly not Canada or the UK ,,,,, so who ?

• David3 months agoReport

RYDE ON KNOWS SOMEONE CALLED JESUS KEEPS TELLING HIM MAKE SURE POOR PEOPLE KEEP ON HAVING OFF SPRING THAEY CANT AFFORD AND WITH ANY LUCK THANKS TO MEDICAL COSTS THAT OFF SPRING WILL DIE YOUNG BECAUSE RIGHTOUS MEN LIKE RYDE ON HATE ABORTION BUT DONT WANT MONEY SPENT ON POOR PEOPLES HEALTH CARE