promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 month ago

Is a hospice patient medically unfit to fly? Needs to get back to old family home?

My grandmother is determined to make it back to her old family home as wants the church yard cemetery in the town she grew up in to be her final resting place.

She cannot walk and has severe Alzheimer’s disease and has breathing difficulties and is at risk of heart failure.

She has family in the town to receive her and I am concerned she is medically unfit to fly and I fear that if she tries to fly there she will have a serious health issue during the flight?

Will she be allowed to fly? Is she medically unfit? Will airport staff try to prevent her from flying? What should be done?

Update:

She is trying to fly herself to the destination to save the family the expense of repatriating her remains. The thinks the shiping costs will bankrupt the family and she says she can make it. Will they stop her from trying to fly?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

WRONG FORUM -  you should be asking in the AIR TRAVEL  forum.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Go by train.  Not expensive, quite comfortable.  Never heard of anyone denied boarding because of a medical issue.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

wait till she dies and then ship her ashes.  Much cheaper.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe you should go with her to make certain she makes it back to her destination.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

get a clearance from a doctor

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

More specifically, ask the airline what their criteria are and then get a doctor to certify whether she meets them. As a vulnerable adult they will also expect her to only travel with a companion who can watch out for her needs. They will also usually insist upon proof of travel medical insurance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.