Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 1 month ago

How to give back to parents?

My parents helped me out with college I mean I paid my own tuition and stuff but I got to live at home for free and used their cars. Now that I am older what are some ways to give back?

Also, keep in mind that if your parents are homeowners, they probably shouldn't be climbing up & cleaning the gutters anymore - pay attention to things they need to have done for upkeep that they cannot or should not be doing themselves.

Take them out to dinner and pay for it and thank them during dinner

• MS

Can you send them on a trip somewhere?  Buy them something significant that they might need - a new appliance, new furniture, etc.?  Perhaps purchase them some gift cards for restaurants they like and stores where they shop to ease their overall expenses?  Help them around the house with yardwork, painting, home repairs, etc.? 

You could always thank them for their efforts and support helping you get where you are today and offer to pay for a nice holiday for them? 

Somewhere where they have always wanted to visit but never got round to going to, for whatever the reason.