Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

my boyfriend doesn't want me to get a heart tattoo for him?

i told my boyfriend that when i get my next tattoo, i might also get a small orange heart which represents him around the outside of my ankle. he seemed really hesitant about it.. he said it s "like a tiny inkling," and "i kinda don t want you to because it s so much pressure on me like she got a tattoo after you." not sure what this really means cause he is a conscientious guy and wanted to see some outside thoughts.. thanks

I wanted to tattoo my girlfriends name on me, but not just any ordinary way, but in a script/font she would like.  I also thought that a random name would look weird, so I decided to get a Playboy Bunny, since she loved the icon, and have her name put on underneath later.

So I made an appointment and tattooed a hot pink bunny on my arm, and paid extra so we could return with her to pick out her font/script for her name.

Well the reveal went pretty bad; in fact, she broke up with me.  She couldn't believe I would do this to myself, and couldn't be seen in public with a guy with a Playboy tattoo.

So, unless you really, really, really want an orange heart don't do it.  I get so, so tired of explaining why I have this bunny permanently on my arm.

He's about to break up with you.

I would take it as a red flag honey!!

Seems to me that he is almost certainly not as into you as you are into him. 

But if you still really want it, do it for yourself not for him!

• Mystic

It's your body, not his. If you really want it, do it.

• LM440

My take is he has a lack of interest in the tattoo and the relationship.  If it works out fine but for now this is not the time.

Do you have a question?

Do what you want            

• Laura

He is uncomfortable with the thought of you always having something permanently on your body that is about him.  I would be super uncomfortable about this if a guy I was dating wanted to get a tattoo about me.

Respect the fact that he isn't o with it and don't get the tattoo. 

If you want an orange heart get an orange heart, but don't get it to represent your boyfriend.  Boys in your life are temporary anyway.  If you end up getting married you can get a better tattoo dedicated to him then

Never get a tattoo for someone else, only yourself.

• patty

maybe he thinks you are being too serious about the relationhip (and he is not)