Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Have I been sexually assaulted?

I was around 6-7 years old I don’t remember exactly, but he was 3 years older than me so either 9 or 10. We were in the pool on the steps and my grandpa was either away or distracted with my younger sisters. But I remember he asked if he could touch me down there and he said he wanted to know what it felt like and that I could touch him too. 

Not knowing what were his actual intentions I agreed. I don’t know if this is considered assault. I didn’t know any better and just saw it as curiosity on both our parts, but now That I’m older and my sister came out and said that he had sexually assaulted her varies times and more vulgarly, I started to question whether that was genuine innocent curiosity or he knew exactly what he was doing and taking advantage of my ignorance. 

I’m conflicted, I did agree yet I didn’t know any better. I need to define this to get closure and put it past me before I break down. I told my little sister a while back but made it seem like he wasn’t at fault by saying I let him. I didn’t want to admit that I’ve been sexually assaulted without a clear answer. I did the same thing when the topic came right back around when my sister told her story this past year.

I would never tell his family either way considering that he tragically passed away and I don’t want to ruin the memory they had of their son. And I still love him but I’m conflicted on whether he did something wrong to me.

Favorite Answer

I remember, because our mom's the kids in the neighborhood, took baths together.  Boys and girls within a few years apart. like under 5, or 6-8. I do not think I had a bath with other kids after 8.  But I also do not remember wanting to touch anyone.  I knew girls were different, but as long as they did not scream at snakes, or frogs, did not complain about getting dirty, and could climb trees, they were OK.  I think I was almost 13 when I started thinking about girls differently,  For him to want to touch you, he had to somehow be introduced to some kind of sex.  But I think he was still innocent.  He was curious, as I am sure you were.  If it only happened once, I think you were not assaulted.  

He was also a kid. He had to be at least 12 and a big outlier 12 to be able to assult a child. You need to be sexually mature to be able to assult anyone. Like someone said it is more likely that this boy was being groomed and molested and he was acting out with you and your sister. Doesnt make him a bad kid yet as he was too young to manipulate you. He is also dead now, just let it go. Comfort your sister, but you don't have to feel bad about it just cos she does. She also can feel bad about it without a 10 year old boy really knowing what he is doing is bad. 

• Eva

Assault implies force. You were sexually molested.

You’re a bit of a drama queen aren’t you honey.....

• Amisha1 month agoReport

Don’t belittle people’s experiences just because you can’t relate to them. That’s toxic. Some people interpret things differently and there’s no “too worried” “too angry” “too sad” about something, people literally can’t help feeling what they feel. Some people react to things differently, it’s ok.

you were not assaulted.   You wanted it

Source(s): Bill Clinton and Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein
    • Amisha1 month agoReport

I know you were kidding, but please don’t do that to people.

Y’all was Just kids don’t bring that up and embarrass nobody, I can’t tell you how many times at that age me and a group of neighborhood kids was experimenting out of curiosity...that’s just being messy and drama filled especially with something so old...then he dead at that smh let it go

He was 9 or 10 years old, so he certainly was innocent child and know nothing about that, he was experimenting it for the first time (same like you). Just get over it and forget about what happened.

• Amisha1 month agoReport

Don’t tell people to get over it, sometimes people process things differently and need to be allotted time to handle something, even if YOU might see it as menial. Let people have emotions, Karen.

Just forget about it and move on. You're right it will just cause misery for his parents and apparently he didn't penetrate you with his finger or it would've hurt you/

I'd put that in the "innocent sexual experimentation" list and forget about it. You were both kids, and there is no value in soiling his family's memory of him.