Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can OCD come in waves? or am I just dramatic?

Ever since I was little my mom would always joke that I had OCD. I never really thought much about it until I started to learn about OCD. I would always have to be "even". If I touched one hand with something I needed the other hand to touch it too. When my mom would drive I had to close my eyes so that I couldn't see the road because it wasn't even on both sides and it would make me so uncomfortable to see it. Most of this started to go away and I almost forgot about it until about a month ago. I realized that I have been washing my body up to 5 times while I was in the shower, I'm not scared of germs, it just didn't feel right. I also started being weird about how I walk. I make sure to walk over the line with my left and right foot an equal number of times, or I feel like the leg that didn't do it enough is going to break. I know this is unreasonable, but it's really hard to stop. I tried really hard today to not be even just to prove that I would be fine but I felt so uncomfortable. Anyways, is there a reason this would all the sudden start back up again, or is my mind overthinking and just being dramatic?

• LAN

You are a drama seeker.  This is why you post anonymously and likely hide your posting history.  Feel free to prove me wrong.

• Andy C

In the Long, Long Ago, before the Internet existed, only medical and psychology students would ever come across Medical Student Syndrome AKA "Ihaveit,too-itis".

This occurred when people learned about disorders that shared many of their symptoms with NORMAL behavior and condition.

Shortly after the Internet became popular and everybody had access to both medical and psychological disorder information. EVERYONE has MSS, now.

Much of medince is in Greek, Latin and a soupcon of English, so it isn't felt too often, but psychology is much, much more recent and nearly all of its jargon is in what SEEMS like plain English.

Most people on the internet and the in the world THINK that they have a psychological disorder when, in fact, they have MSS...but no person of authority to explain the phenomena OR the jargon.

People who really have OCD DO NOT ASK OTHERS if they have OCD.

Source(s): Psychology was my major and my wife is a doctor and obviously I'm old;)

It's called demonic torment. Demons hate human beings. There is a war going on they hate God and they torture people as part of terroristic warfare. Tell her to stop in Jesus name. Your mom.

i think its possible and maybe you should go see a psychiatrist, you might need some meds