promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is my school violating Health and Safety laws?

My high school has two main bathrooms located near most of the classrooms, but the downstairs one is out of order right now. The upstairs one only has two working sinks and one of the stalls doesn't lock. The sinks are also peeling off the walls which is worrying. But what's worse is that the upstairs bathroom has been locked for no apparent reason. So now when you need to go to the bathroom, you have to walk halfway across the school to find the other women's bathroom. This bathroom, located in the art wing, only has two stalls and one sink. This sink only gives boiling hot water, and the tampon disposal thing has been taken out of the wall and is lying on the floor. 

Does any of this violate OSHA (or whatever it's called) Health and Safety code?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Something is wrong with the school district. Contact the Board of Health in your town or city.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

OSHA is about Occupational [work] Safety, not schools. You local government's health and safety codes likely apply. Consult your councilperson

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is a bathroom available for your use. If they were challenged about the lack of provision they can point to the fact that they are carrying out maintenance on the other bathrooms, which is all an enforcement notice would require them to do.

• 1 month ago

its possible, i would talk to someone at your school about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ask them. The janitors or whoever.  They may know what is happening.  The answer will be the fastest from them.  You will know what is happening.  It is probably union plumbers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

OSHA covers job sites, you're in school.

• Cate1 month agoReport

ok, groovy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.