Best Spot in CA or NV for a couples retreat?

I am looking into booking a getaway for our wedding anniversary. We want something that is mostly secluded. Ideally we want a private suite with a private balcony etc. We would also like it to be somewhere where there is a lot of hiking. Ideally our goal would be to be able to completely ignore the rest of the world for the whole weekend! We are in Lake Tahoe so somewhere in CA or Nv would be great!  

• Foofa

If your anniversary falls before the hot summer months Palm Springs offers most of what you're after. Look at La Quinta and some of the other resort properties there. Although TBH you're already living in one of the best spots for tourist getaways ;-) Yes, I do understand that you can't really rest in the place where you live even if it's gorgeous.

Oh I have the perfect spot. My wife and I spent our honeymoon there. A small cabin with a wonderful fireplace and a view of Lake Tahoe. And Tahoe City is just a few minutes south in case you want to go to a casino or two. Trouble is, I can't remember its name.

But not to fear. Go to https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/cabins/usa/c... and you'll find all kinds of cabins listed.

• darkvelvetrain
      1 month agoReport

Yeah, if they are near Lake Tahoe, that's a great place to be.  If they were in southern California I might have suggested Big Bear or driving a bit to the Sequoias.