promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
vic asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Hiw nany miles per day would i have to run to equal running around the world ?

I don’t know how many miles it is around the world byr it would be cool to say i ran far enough to go all the way around the world 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

10 miles per day every day for 6 years 10 months.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

500 miles a day, or 1 mile total!

2 ways we could go at this, cheating or for real.

1. CHEAT: Go to north (or south) pole, move a little ways away from the pole, walk in a circle around the pole. Tada! You've walked thru every time longitude, and you've walked around the world!

2. REAL: 25,000 miles circumference at equator:

25000miles/50 years = 500 miles per day!!!!

• 1 month ago

You forgot to say how quickly you want to do the equivalent of running around the world.

If you wanted to do that in a single year, you would need to run about 68½ miles a day.  You might train a few years to get to that level. And there is a good chance you won't make it.

If you wanted to do that over 10 years, you would need to run about 6.85 miles a day.  If you train, you could get to that level in less than a year.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

A quick search would've provided you with the answer. The earth is not an exact sphere, so depending on where you ran 'around it', your miles would vary slightly (a little under 25,000). 

"the equatorial circumference of Earth is about 24,901 miles (40,075 km). However, from pole-to-pole — the meridional circumference — Earth is only 24,860 miles (40,008 km) around."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

25,000 miles approx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.