Alan asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

What should I do? please read details below.?

I accidentally overate yesterday and now my stomach has been feeling really bad. I threw up and did diarrhea a couple times but now my stomach is so weak if I eat or drink anything I'll just throw it back out. I just took 30ml of Kaopectate (diarrhea medicine) and a sip of water and that made me feel really full and already feel like throwing up. But I'm also kinda hungry because I ate so little; I had a very light breakfast this morning and threw everything up. For lunch I ate 5 small bites of white rice and felt full, threw it back up 30min later. Drank my medicine and one sip of water and now feel like throwing up. I don't get it; I feel full and hungry at the same time what should I do?

Favorite Answer

Are you throwing up JUST water? Sounds like you're very dehydrated. You should start with just water and then see how you do. It sounds like food poisoning to me. If you can't keep water down, head to an emergency care and let them know how long its been going on. You need to stay hydrated and just let your stomach heal. If you can keep water down, later try to drink something easy like chicken broth. Literally NOTHING else in it. Solid food makes the stomach work harder, so since you're struggling keeping food down, just do broth and see if you can do that. ONLY after you've had water and a few hours later, you didn't throw it up.

So to recap:

1) Try just drinking water, if you can't keep it down, head to emergency care (Emergency Room if its been 2-3 days and  you cant keep anything down)

2) If you drink water, 3-4 hours later, try some chicken broth. If you can do that, go from there. Baby steps.

• Alan1 month agoReport

Thanks, and yeah I coudn't keep water down for a good 12 hours. I can only take a sip or two if I wanted to stay hydrated, but now I'm feeling much better. I already went to see a doctor and they gave me a shot to help the vomiting and now I feel like I can eat much more.

Go get some pedialyte and call it a day.  

Stop eating anything until your system is cleared out.  Feel hungry...get over it.  

Overeating does not cause this kind of reaction unless you have food poisoning, a stomach bug or causing yourself to throw up. Whatever is going on isn't normal. You need to rest and not eat anything for a good while. Focus only on fluids such as water. If this continues for hours you need to see a doctor.

• Eva

You wouldn't be throwing up today from overeating yesterday unless you had food poisoning. If you have food poisoning you shouldn't take diarrhea medicine because whatever it is, it needs to get out of your system. Let your stomach rest for the rest of the day. Start back with something simple like tea and toast or rice, just little bits at a time. If this continues, you need to see a doctor.