promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Am I morally obligated to call animal control on my boss ?

I started working at this guys house a couple weeks ago. We get along just great, but he has this old outside cat. It looks pretty healthy, besides a quarter sized bald spot on its hip. I'm very hypersensitive about animals, so I asked why she has a bald spot. He said he has no idea. I said "oh, you havnt tooken him to the vet to get it checked out?" He said "nah" so I just left it at that. Am I morally obligated to do anything more than suggest he takes the cat to the vet?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  Its his cat, his decision to take to the vet.  Obviously the cat is not sick or the wound infected so their probably is no need to really take him to the vet now.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, you are not.  

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have no idea of what, if anything, is wrong with the cat. If you saw my two cats you would certainly think something was wrong with one of them. His fur looks shaggy and he walks like he's got arthritis. He's 20-blinkin' years old!

I believe there are only a few things one should say about cats. Perhaps these:

1) What an adorable cat! (They all are.)

2) I'm sorry, but I am allergic. Please keep your adorable cat away from me.

3) I wish I owned a cat like that! (Only if you are willing to adopt the cat)

Otherwise, MYOB.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A quarter size bald spot on an outdoor cat is nothing to worry about, it could be from anything,, scrapping up against a fence, a fight with another cat, a mosquito bite the cat has been scratching at,,

If it grows, swells, becomes discolored or there is a noticeable change in the cat's behavior then it could be something to check out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

One small bald spot is not even in the same ballpark as animal abuse or neglect.

You have a moral obligation to develop a lick of common sense before you request law enforcement investigate a crime. 

• marty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have no obligation to call animal control and I doubt anything would happen if you did. Bald spots are quite common on cats and are caused by many different things. By the way, the word Is "taken" not "tooken"

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cat's are not considered harmful to people so I doubt animal control would do much about it.  They are certainly not going to provide medical care.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.