Smith asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Feels like I can’t breath. What’s wrong?

So I woke up this morning and I thought it was just anxiety because I couldn’t breath. But it’s still going on. It’s worse when I stand up. It’s like I can breath fine but it doesn’t feel like I’m breathing. I breath in and it doesn’t feel like I’m getting air but I am. I started panicking about 2 hours ago and started have a psychotic break but I calmed down from that pretty fast. But it still feels like I can’t breath. Is the psychological or physical? But why did I wake up like this? I know your probably going to say go the doctors but I have an extreme fear of them I don’t think I can. If it doesn’t go away in a few days I will. So any advice would be much appreciated.

Have you been exposed to an opiate a duragesic pain patch? Oxycodone or Percocet have you handled the laundry of some person that's using a pain patch that might contain fentanyl? Think about that carefully an opioid can cause that kind of a problem especially if you've been exposed in the manner I just said to fentanyl. If you think that you've been exposed to an opiate like that go to the doctor and get the antidote for the opiate.

I can tell you about something you can try. If it works, you'll see quickly. If it doesn't, call 911.

Psychology Today online says that Dr. Dave Carbonell is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treating fears and phobias and the author of three self-help books, including Panic Attacks Workbook.

In this video, Dr. Carbonell demonstrates a breathing exercise that he says is helpful for panic attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=e...

I would say see a doctor now.

If may be a muscle or even broken ribs.

• NONAME

you pulled a muscle...it will be better tomorrow..but today take short smooth breaths.