promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do Indian and Pakistani phone scammers think we can't tell by their accent something is up?

"Steve" from Microsoft. "John" from Visa/Mastercard/Discovery/ (they must have merged) always want to help me.

Do they think their thick, bo-bo-bo accent doesn't sound American to us?

I abuse these losers in Hindi, Urdu and Gujarati via Google Translate in their native tongue. Blows their minds every time.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I honestly don't understand how people fall for them.  I had one call the other day and ask about my Windows.  I asked the guy if that scam still worked, and he said surprisingly, yes, it still works.  I thanked him for the honest answer then hung up 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It doesn't matter to them if 99% of people know it's a scam and hang up. If even 1% fall for it, the rewards for the scammers can be HUGE.

• 1 month ago

ssssssssssssssssss

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It is cheaper of those places to Outsource their call centers to India. It is about saving a company money. You can always ask if you can get someone else to talk to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So you abuse people who are just trying to earn a living?  How despicable you are!

Many genuine call-centre workers adopt Western names because they're easier for a caller to recognise and understand.  Many are ordered to do so by their employers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.