My girlfriend is insecure?

I just need advice, my girlfriend she’s a great girl i believe but she does a lot of extra. 

We’ve dated for 2+ years now, but she always gets upset about things that don’t make sense. We did have a baby a year ago but she goes crazy on me, like for example i followed a girl on twitter and she starts trippin saying that’s such a turn off, it doesn’t make sense. 

I told my followers add me on Snapchat and she got upset saying “why you want people to follow you”

Oh then she went through the ppl i follow and said i follow too many girls (80 guys and 80 girls) I’ve also dealt with the “why you liking girls pictures” thing so i stopped doing that because i try to compromise in the relationship 

Anything having to do with a girl she freaks on! And then i had to cut off my friend (girl) who’s like a sister to me because i hid a message from her (there wasn’t flirting, just a message that i knew she’d have an issue with) and let her tell it that’s why she’s that way but that was in March of 2018 and it’s 2020 now 

I love her so much we were friends prior to our relationship so that’s why i feel stuck at times. But it’s situations like these that make me want to be single, is she doing too much? Or is that just how every girl is 

Favorite Answer

This is not normal behaviour and no, not every woman is like this.

Your gf sounds controlling and extremely insecure,and those are red flags. Maybe she had a bad experience w a previous partner that cheated on her and that's why she tries to control who you follow and who you talk with but that's insane.

Whoever wants to cheat does so in less than 5 minutes, there's no point in trying to keep an eye on someone 24/7. Your gf has serious insecurity issues and she needs to address those in therapy bc this is not a healthy dynamic for a relationship.

Talk to her and tell her that you love her but it wears you out the constant distrust, the constant survaillance she has on you, and the accusations of cheating, bc after all, she is accusing you of cheating. Tell her she needs to do therapy and that's non negotiable.

And if she refuses then think if this is the type of relationship you want. Personally I think she sounds exhausting.

• Foofa

You're not "stuck" because of her jealously. You're "stuck" because you had a baby with her. Without even knowing your ages Imma guess maybe neither of you were really ready to be a family just yet. But, now that you're responsible for raising a kid into a productive adult you've got no choice but to give this your best shot. Start with couples counseling and see if you can't work something out. If it turns out that you do need to separate you're going to have to do all the responsible things to coparent effectively and without jealousy or malice.

Your girlfriend needs to grow up and chill out. It is possible she's suffering from post-partum depression which can last awhile if left untreated. Her behavior is controlling and it needs to be dealt with. Encourage her to see a therapist and also go to the doctor to check her hormone levels.

There's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite gender when in a relationship. There's also nothing wrong with following people on social media as long as you're not flirting with these women or looking at/doing things that could be questionable.

You have 2 options here. 1) Talk to her. She's being controlling and jealous, and that is NOT HEALTHY. These are her problems, and when it gets to the point you are cutting off your friends, it's bad. Tell her she needs to chill. 2) Dump her.