Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Do I deserve to be incarcerated?

I get hassled for wanting to hang out with younger people. Sometimes I even find kids fun to hang out with. Adults my age assume me as a sex offender or shady person. I dont have any sexual desires towards them. I simply just find younger people interesting. Anywhere younger than 30.  People tell me I need to find friends my age. I'm not into people in their 40s or older. Older people are ugly and lame. I'm 35 and I like meeting people in their 20s. But according to society I'm too old for that kind of crowd. Why should age really matter? 

• Foofa

If your social targets are adult this wouldn't even be child annoyance. So I'm guessing you heard one or two random comments and you're dramatically extrapolating that into someone seriously suggesting you've committed a crime. If you have 20-something friends who appear to enjoy your company just carry on. Do know though that if you find yourself loaning them money or paying for all your outings that it's THEM using YOU instead of the opposite.

• Brian

This is a classic case of how the news installs hatred and false perceptions within society.  Hanging around anyone just to talk is not a criminal offense. People in their 20's certainly won't get you any jail time just for hanging around and talking. Whoever is threatening you with getting incarcerated is actually harassing you and you can file a criminal complaint against them.

You didn't get incarcerated for that.

No, you don't go to jail for that.  It's called the legal age of consent for a reason, and that's for situations where you actually end up having sex.  If no sex happens, you can't go to jail even if your friend is a minor.

• Ana

By law, anyone over 18 is fair game. Anyone under 18 is illegal. As long as you follow this, you’ll be fine