promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How do I deal with people taking advantage of me at work?

There are some colleagues in my office who handover their work to me. It's my new job and it's been four months . I have been helping them because I want to be a team player but now I feel like a loser who is treated like a doormat. If I say no then they report to the boss and the boss takes their side. How do I deal with this?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Nom
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

become allies with the boss and sabotage your co workers like they are doing to you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Meet with your boss and discuss your duties.  From your post, it sounds like everyone but you thinks part of your job is to take tasks handed to you by other people.  You need to find out whether or not this is true.  

It's one thing to have a co-worker take advantage, but from your description everyone does this on a regular basis and your boss agrees that you should be doing this work.  If that is not what you want to do or feel you cannot do the assignments, start looking for a new job. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

give them a taste of their own medicine and have them do your work

• Make a shiv and stick it in them when nobody is looking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Ask for a printed definition of your job duties.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Start by praying to GOD about this.

Is it possible there is a higher boss, like an owner? 

• 2 months ago

If you truly feel your co-workers are violating a professional boundary, have a conversation with your HR Department and/or your Manager's Manager, and share your experiences. Colleagues helping each other is not uncommon, but when this becomes one-sided and an assumption/expectation unfolds as in your workplace, it is essential you become proactive and have your voice heard.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.