promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

what do people in the UK think about Boris Johnson appointing a Indian minister who is an international investment banker?

doesnt seem a bit odd? is that Boris Johnsons suprise "power play" after getting elected? why Patel is also Indian and a minister over what? economy?

Update:

no, i am an American, i dont really keep up with it, but noticed that the new minister is indian guy. and i know London has a pakistani mayor for some reason too

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Rishi Sunak and Priti Patel are no more Indian and Sadiq Khan is no more Pakistani than your last president was Kenyan or Irish. They are all British citizens. In fact Home Secretary Priti Patel is no more Indian than your current president is German because it was her grandparents who were Indian.

What matters is how competent Rishi Sunak is. A background in international banking seems a good qualification for Chancellor of the Exchequer. But he has been chosen as a 'yes-man' who, unlike his predecessor, won't question the advice of the government's chief advisor Dominic Cummings. It is the influence the unelected Cummings has in running the country that concerns many people, not the ethnicity of government ministers.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What does this have to do with travel? The Chancellor of the Exchequer is the finance minister, and why are you racist?

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

uh oh, dont call me a racist

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

An American who lives in the USA where people are put into boxes based on religion, skin shade and surnames.... ALL these people are BRITISH citizens, ALL have been voted in BRITISH elections, ALL have worked hard and achieved for BRITAIN.......thankfully they live in a country where the majority of it citizens are not racist or sectarian who value people not on the colour of their skin or their name or where in the world their ancestors once came from ...otherwise American born Johnson would not be in the job he is in, even though he renounced his US citizenship some years ago

• 1 month ago

The Mayor of London was voted in by an election, he's on the opposing party to Boris. During that election the other candidates were incredibly poor which helped him.

As for the new chancellor, he was next in line for the job, after the previous one left, he was already working in the Treasury as a junior minister.

Patel is very right wing, so her inclusion doesn't actually do minorities any favours.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.