promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does Yahoo Answers' point system even have a purpose anymore? Seems it doesn't work?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

well, that is only half correct.......the point system is indeed screwed up. 

The main, overall leaderboards have been frozen forever......and *some* category leaderboards,  also seem frozen.........but the odd thing is....some category leaderboards still work just fine. 

In fact, if you check the P&S category,  I just passed  Bon Bon for 6th place.  Just yesterday, I was 7th and she was 6th......and now it's vice versa......so on some boards........you can still move up, and gain places on the leaderboards. 

Why *some* seem frozen though, I do not know. 

The J&R  leaderboard also works,  because I also recently jumped a place on that one too. 

It is indeed puzzling why some work and others don't. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes. The purpose is so users will want to level up and be able to ask and answer more.

• Not really unless you are abscess with points.  The new level 4 is now your level 7.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes it does have a Purpose to Encourage Participation on this Site

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, up to Level 4 (between levels 1 - 4 the points allow you to ask/answer more questions each YA day as you move up a level). Once you hit Level 4 then, no. The points currently provide no benefit (unless you count having a lot of points reduces your chance that a few posts removed as violations won't drop you to a lower user level).

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Funny how so many people keep crying about this instead of just leave it they are hating this site so much isn't it?

• 1 month ago

you will get more respect from other users when you're higher levels

• 1 month agoReport

TD for being level 7

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

only from level 1-4 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.