Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

How customizable is a clothing iron? ?

I am getting my wife a clothing iron for her birthday (she asked for it because she is practical, i don‘t try to imply she has to do all of it alone, we share responsibilities) but i want to make it romantic. Could i for example have the metal part engraved?

I have asked her so many times what she would like for her birthday and she insists on the iron. My wife is very pragmatic. I really still want to make it special for her please help me

Favorite Answer

There's really no way to get a custom iron and engraving the metal unfortunately damages the part that needs to smooth as glass in order to work properly. There are irons that come in pretty colors and have feet that stand the iron up if you leave the hot iron flat on something and You could place this in the center of a flower arrangement. Be imaginative and creative.

Is she turning 30? When I turned 30 I started asking for practical presents and no longer wanted anything silly and useless. I wanted stuff I needed. The stand mixer I got for my 30th still works as good as new and I think of my thoughtful hubby every time I use it. It's like a moment of our lives frozen in time. A practical gift shows you're in it for the long term. A romantic bottle of wine will be gone in one night. Romantic lingerie isn't always appreciated on cold nights. An iron that makes life easier and gives more time for other things? That's a thoughtful and kind gift and ultimately more romantic than anything else.

And the brand name of the iron on pretty colors with feet is Oliso. Available at Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, and easy to find elsewhere through a simple google search. It's one of the best irons you can buy.

Sorry.... NOT very romantic at all.  

I'd get her the iron because she asked for it, but I'd also get her something impractical - a piece of jewelry (if money is an issue, earrings are usually affordable and a nice gift).  Consider a night out - for dinner and a movie or maybe visit to a museum or a planetarium (where you can give her all the stars in the sky). 

Maybe give her jewelry along with the clothing iron.

• audrey

There is NO way to make an iron romantic. They suck. Come up with a nicer idea.