promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do people sometimes mourn the death of a pet as much as they do if a loved one were to pass?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Obviously, you have never been a pet owner, or you wouldn't be asking such a question. For those of us who have been and still are pet owners, to us, pets are like family. The grief we experience when a pet passes is as real as the grief we would feel at the death of a person we care about. And it isn't a question of sometimes mourning a loss of that type. Many pet owners never entirely recover when an animal they love dies. I personally have seen grown men break down and cry like a 5 year old with a scraped knee because a dog or a horse they loved is gone. It doesn't make them less of a person- it just means they're human like we all are.

• I grew up owning pets, some of which I loved very much!  But, I have never loved a pet enough to cry over their loss.  I only love people enough to cry over when they pass away.  My husband also cried like a baby when the dog he previously owned (his mom had him the last 9 years) died the other day.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

These are true nature lovers with a big heart.

• 1 month ago

Because the really good pets are there for you no matter what, through thick and thin. That is more than I can say for non-family humans.

• 1 month ago

Because pets, especially dogs, often provide unconditional love, and it is hard when such a creature goes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because pets don't beat me like my wife and children does

• 1 month ago

Because they are stupid. Those are usually the tree huggers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because the pet is a loved one, sometimes a loved one that they have spent far more time with and liked more than the loved one that passed.

• 1 month ago

Because pets are loved ones.  Pets provide unconditional love to their owner, unlike people.

• 1 month ago

If you have never had a pet it’s hard to explain. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

people attach themselves too closely to animals

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.