promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can I still go to college?

If I work 5:30pm until 1:00am monday-friday and off on weekends can I still go to college even though I have visitation with my kids on weekends starting Saturday 8am-monday 8am?Would all this be to much to handle?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It would be rough but doable.  You can also take online classes. Then you do the work when you are not working or have your kids.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

of coarse you can

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How many classes do you plan on taking? 

What's the commute like and how'd you get there?

Online classes maybe, physical will be difficult. 

• 1 month ago

Since you need sleep, your best option for college would be to take one or maybe two online courses that you could do on your own schedule.  The second best option would be to take a class or two at a local community college that offers classes you want to take in the early afternoon.

Only you know what you can handle, but there is not point to taking college classes if you can't attend the class or are too exhausted to do the work or master the information.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only you know what you can handle.  You might want to try for some mid-day and early afternoon classes so that you are able to rest and do school work in the mornings.

• John
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Your schedule is very challenging, but probably doable if you take 6 credits per semester.  You would have to take classes scheduled for the late morning or early afternoon.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most people can't handle a full work schedule while going to college full-time. Add in full weekends with little kids and you would easily fall behind in something, work or school.  You could probably manage this as long as you were a part-time student, up to 12 units per semester, for example

• 1 month ago

thats up to you and it depends on how much you can handle

• 1 month ago

you can probably do this. and you'll be busy, busy, busy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.