Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

How much is true about what is said is across the pond? If I were to actually tour the america and canada what would I see?

Are there Indians riding horses chasing buffalo on the great plains?

Are there horses and buggies, and old farms and such in pennsylvania?

Are there fifers and drummers in boston?

Is there live Jazz in new orleans?

Is orlando like a scene from a fairy tale, and you heare beautiful duos of A Whole New World and So This is Love

Are there mountain goats in colorado?

Are there climbers repelling doen the sides of Pikes Peak and the Flatirons?

Are there lumberjacks in Minnesota?

Are there cowboys in texas?

Are there southern belles strollling around in hoop skirts in florida, georgia and alabama?

Are there still southern Planters?

Are there hip hop dance troupes in every park in NY?

Are there the nice beautifuul Jazz and Blues vocal duos to hear in St Louis

Is there deep dish pizza in chicago?

Are there fish markets where they throw around fish in Seattle? Are tere poets in seattle coffee shops?

Are there cable cars to ride in san fran?

Are there showgirls in vegas?

Are there mules in the grand canyon?

DO hot air balloons fly all over albequerque?

You may see some Amish people in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan if you want to find horses and buggies.  There's still some jazz in New Orleans.  The fifers and drummers in Boston only come out for the 4th of July and other holidays.   The other stuff, I don't know about.

• Andrew

Other than the Native Americans on horseback hunting herds of buffalo and the Southern belles in hoop skirts, you can find pretty much everything you listed.  

Sometimes  you can see a horse and buggy in the Texas town I live in and in parts of Missouri. There is live jazz in New Orleans.  There are lumberjacks in Minnesota and Texas and probably a few other places.  You can get deep dish piazza almost anywhere, not just in Chicago.  There are showgirls in Las Vegas, Nevada, but I don't think there are any in Las Vegas, New Mexico.  There are mules that you can ride to the bottom of the grand canyon but don't go when it's hot.  They have a hot air balloon race in Longview, Texas once a year.  I did not see any when I passed through Albuquerque.

I have never been to San Francisco or Seattle.  I don't know about hip hop dance troupes in NY.  I have been to Pike's Peak twice; I saw some people on bicycles.

• John

The things that are really wrong about your question:  No Indians (and they are Native Americans now, TYVM) and the glorification of the south is long past. The other things aren't common but they exist, yes. The Albuquerque hot air balloon festival is only once a year, in September. People fly them here and there all the time, one at a time. The festival is a sight to see.

NO.

The buffalo were almost hunted to extinction. Those that are left are on farms (raising them for meat) and in zoos.

Native American Indians have cars.

There are a few area, including one in Pennsylvania, with religious groups that use horses and buggies, but you won't see them elsewhere.

You don't normally see fife and drum in Boston. Maybe once a year in a parade for a holiday.

The Disney park in Florida isn't really in Orlando. It's still there, but it's very expensive to go.

There are cowboys in Texas, but not in the sense that you mean. They use trucks instead of horses.

Hoop skirts went out of style a long time ago.

Pretty much, accept the fifers and drummers in Boston and there are no climbers repelling on Pikes Peak - you can drive a car to the top of Pikes Peak.

Not really "mountain goats" in Colorado, but you might see a "Bighorn Sheep" in the mountains if you're really really lucky.  

Florida isn't really "the south".  Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama...that is where you might see a southern belle.  I'd suggest Savanah Georgia or Vicksburg Mississippi.   Florida might be the most physically southern state, but it's not a "southern state".