Scoop asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Do you believe the Anonymous posting option is a good or bad thing? ?

I mostly just see it used for people to troll or be mean, every now and then though I see someone using it to answer a question honestly. Do you think the good outweighs the bad? 

• Kira

I think the bad ( trolls ) outweighs the good......actually ,I can't find anything good about it.

I use anonymous because there are some very rude people on here that love to call me names and I got tired of it. they do not even know me. they call me a man, which is not right. I am a woman and they call me a sex offender, which is not true. they hide behind a computer and think not one person is watching them, 

It's clearly being ABUSED to death,  just as question moving was so abused, they finally took it away. 

Anonymous needs to go , if they want to get serious about all the trolling here. 

• Daniel

If used for the Right Reasons it can be but Most people dont use it for the Right Reasons a lot of people use it to Hide them self's and Troll on other people

• .

Both. Like most features ever introduced here, it was done with good intention (and at user request), but as with everything else there will be those who find ways to abuse the feature.  It's mis-used FAR more than it is used for the purpose it was created for.

• Zirp

Don't post questions about the answerer. They violate the guidelines.

Many of us wouldn't mind the anonymous feature, if only we could block anonymous "answerers" [which was promised last year] and switching your question to anonymous would switch off the blocks.

Blocking is supposed to be an anti-stalking measure. You cannot stalk an anonymous

• Scoop2 months agoReport

Fair point! very reasonable. I really wish what you mentioned would be implemented already; it seems like the best option, honestly. [no questions abt answerer, I respect u bro]

I don't think it's fair to say that everyone who posts anonymously is a troll. People do it for different reasons. I always answer seriously. I have posted some very personal and emotional questions and I have really valued the responses I have got. People have really helped me in times of genuine need and I enjoy helping others. But it's personal and I would not feel comfortable putting my name there. I haven't come here to make friends, or fame, rather to seek and give support. I hope this makes sense.

It is mostly abused by trolls.

I think the bad outweighs the good.

A simpler solution would be to limit the number of times people can post the same questions or limit the number of anonymous postings a person can use per day.

A good thing I utilize it