Going to Iowa in August is $2000 enough for expenses ?

I will be traveling by myself.  The $2000 needs to include airfare, hotel room, food Uber or Lyft for transportation.  I will be there for 5 days. 

• pmt853

That rather depends on where you are flying from, it's a long way from Cardiff, not so far from whatever state is next to Iowa.

You should be able to get by for that but it depends on where you're starting from and going to (airfare), where you stay and how often you'll need Uber/Lyft. I've spent less than that when I've gone to Pella for Tulip Time from Denver.

Per your other question(s), you are going to a town called "Pacific Junction".  The population in Pacific Junction is 470 people.  Do not except Uber or Lyft to be available. 

- Since it is relatively close to Omaha, you will be able to get a ride-share from the airport, but after that, don't expect it.

- you need to get a rental car. 

Yes, absolutely.

The flight is going to be a big unknown here. Depending on where you are flying from you might be able to get a $200 flight. Another is how much you want to use Uber/Lyft and how far you want to go. And another is what you want to do - are you going to go places that cost money?

You can stay in a nice hotel for $100-$150 a night. You can stay in decent hotels for under $100.

Food will depend on a lot of things, but if you are eating out all meals you can eat pretty decently for $50/day (not including alcohol if that is something you partake in). especially if your hotel have complimentary breakfast. Of course you could always eat much cheaper.

In the end you could easily do your trip for under $1000 (depending on flight costs)

• cjware19741 month agoReport

Yes I do not drink alcohol.

• audrey

I think you need to check airfare costs, price hotels on line and figure on eating at McDonalds. I'm not saying you CAN'T do it, but it will be very hard.