Obai asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

My 4 month old kitten occasionally urinates on my bed and couch.?

My kitten, Biscuit, whom i absolutely love and adore keeps on urinating on my bed for no apparent reason. He mostly use the litter but this started a month ago when i noticed a stain on the couch at midnight. I immediately took action and began trying to fix the issue. First i drove him to the vet to make sure he doesn't have a medical problem that may be the reason he's causing this kind of behavior. But the vet told me he is very healthy and this is just an issue that is resolved at home. So i began making some changes to his litter and food. I moved his food and water further away from his litter, changed his litter and litter box entirely, i clean his litter twice a day, i encouraged him to use the litter by giving him treats. but to no avail, this kept happening over and over again. I never become aggressive or punish my furry friend, but i do show that i'm upset and leave him alone for a few hours. My parents however are not that understanding that pets can not understand the reasoning behind punishments and can lead to the complete opposite. I'm going lengths to save my buddy, but if this keeps on happening, my parents are giving him away to a friend. Any advice?

• Ken S

Hi

You need to clean the areas he went with an enzyme based cleaner.

Take citrus and spray on areas he likes to go. On areas where he goes and you can put some tin foil on, do that. Take him to the box after he eats when you can. Shouldn't take that long to correct

• Maxi

"my parents are giving him away to a friend." Then there is nothing anyone can help you with

my advice is to GO TO A VET. another one. the first one seems not to take urine test for uti infection.

• PAMELA

One,keep him out of your bedroom, two, he may be just a cat that does not care where he goes, he does not know that he is doing wrong, so no punishment or leaving him alone will work! You may have to take him to a shelter, rehoming him is not fair to the next owner!

Once the smell of urine is there it is difficult to get rid of.

You will need an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the smell. It may take several applications.

Until the smell is gone (even to a cat superior nose) it will smell like a litter tray to your kitten and they will keep going back.

Try a different cat litter and tray. Wood pellets are good.

Is he fixed? Any new changes in the home?

Some products you could try is a calming diffuser. Pet stores sell them and they are pretty helpful.

Make sure the litter box is big enough and give multiple boxes just in case he does not like the current one. 

• No Mercy
      1 month agoReport

diffusers  DO NOT WORK. it is just a placebo to liberate desperate cats' owners from their money