I have a sliced roasted chicken that has not been roasted long enough, how do I bake it safely in the oven;?

I purchased this broasted chicken from Sams club yesterday and could not eat it due to it being a bit raw, meat looked and felt raw on my tongue, to much blood in the drippings. I would like to put it in the oven and bake it a little bit longer, can I do so and if I can what oven temperature should I use.  I do not have a meat thermometer.  Please advise.

Favorite Answer

You want to get it hot enough to kill any bacteria.

You can google for that temp.

I'd put it in the microwave to heat it.

put it in a cooking bag with a bit of chicken broth and close it and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes

• denise

Put the slices / pieces in an oven proof dish, add some gravy / stock to cover / keep moist and bake until its cooked to your liking.

• ted

Put the chicken in the oven and cook until it is fully cooked 

You can put it in the oven and bake or roast until it is done the way you want it. 

But I would contact Sam's Club and if possible return it.  They are supposed to check the temperatures. 

Some chicken may not "look" done even if it reaches the proper temperature.  When chicken is frozen or comes close to freezing (and most chicken is transported frozen or very close to it) the small bones leak bone marrow and that can give the meat a pink or tan/pink appearance. 

As far as the texture the chicken is injected with a solution to keep it moist and give it flavor that can leave the meat feeling a bit soft or even mushy.

165 degrees Fahrenheit is the temperature at which it is safe to eat chicken (aka poultry). If you have a meat thermometer please use that. Put it in to the deepest part of the chicken. You might even want to check every piece of the chicken to make sure each piece like drumsticks, thighs, wings and breast are fully cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.